Nairobi, 3rd – 4th February 2020: The International Conference on the Great Lake Region (ICGLR)’s Levy Mwanawasa Regional Centre for Democracy and Good Governance (LMRC) participated in the Twenty Sixth (26th) meeting of the Technical Support Committee (TSC) of the Regional Oversight Mechanism of the Peace, Security and Cooperation Framework for the Democratic Republic of the Congo and the Region from 3rd – 4th February 2020 in Nairobi, Kenya.
The committee reviewed the following:
- Draft second progress report on the implementation of the Peace, Security and Cooperation Framework.
- Draft agenda of the Regional Oversight Mechanism (ROM) Ministerial and Summit meetings.
- Draft communique of the 10th ROM Summit.
The committee also deliberated on the following:
- Status of repatriation of foreign disarmed combatants.
- Preparations for Great Lakes Investment and Trade Conference.
- Efforts to strengthen justice and good governance as well as judicial cooperation.
- Preparations for the 10th ROM Summit.
At the end of the meeting, the outcome document of the 26th meeting of the TSC was reviewed and adopted.